As I mentioned in my previous Easter post ‘A list of gorgeousness to make Easter special’ we are an Easter friendly household and have been back generations. My husband has never really experienced this in his family and was totally new to the idea of decorating for Easter, hinting for eggs and having special food with special easter cakes, hot cross buns a lovely roast lamb (not a while one obviously… that would be ridiculous…) Of course he was aware of things of this ilk but had never indulged of really thought much of it; when he got with me that all changed! One of the most important and undoubtedly delectable parts of Easter Sunday if the eggs, of course. So here are a list of the most beautiful Easter eggs I have found this year and where to find them.
So Ive decided to sandwich the more expensive brand Easter Eggs with ones from unexpected supermarkets; you will be pleasantly surprised I think!
- Deluxe Premium Salted Caramel Easter Egg. Everyone loves the whole salted caramel thing and I have no doubt that this will be an amazing take on salted caramel for Easter Sunday; besides for Lidl (yup… told you you would be surprised!) I’m pretty impressed with this beautiful take on a British festivity. Also… note the price; Its totally worth a go!
2. Hand Painted Milk Chocolate Artist Egg. I don’t think this needs an explanation… just look at it. Gorgeously hand painted in my favourite colour; fuchsia pink!
3. Fruit and Nut Chocolate Lattice Egg. This is a perplexing one… I am in awe of the genius who created this idea! Behind that gorgeous lattice of chocolate is a delicious array of goodies; pistachios, salted and caramelized hazelnuts, almonds, golden raisins and sour cherries! Impressive!
4. Linden Lady Large Boxed Chocolate Egg. As you can see from the trend emerging I love a painted egg; this one is painted with chocolate itself… heaven!
5. Moser Roth Single Origin Easter Egg. Now these animal print themed stunners are from none other than Aldi (told you I was sandwiching) and I am really impressed with their beautiful finish. I love anything animal print and these pastel chocolate wonders are truly beautiful and ethnically sourced from Fair-trade suppliers. I think they are my favourite by far! The value for money is also amazing. Thumbs up Aldi!
Do you have a penchant for beautiful Easter Eggs or are you a cadbury fan? Where do you tend to but them from?