Now I’m aware that to a lot of the population, Easter Sunday isn’t generally considered a special ‘thing’; like it’s not even anywhere close to being like Christmas Day. In our household however, we treated it as a similar entity, we always did! It was a generational thing; I remember seeing photos of my own Mama in my Nanas garden with a little basket and dressed up in her Easter Sunday best. There are also pictures of me and my sister egg hunting in my Nanas garden as I always remember my Mama putting up decorations the house; little pastel painted eggs, chicks and flowers and hiding eggs every Easter Sunday for us to collect in our special Easter baskets (My little sister is genuinely dressed as a bunny rabbit in one family photo!) So in attempt to spread the Easter joy I have created a list of gorgeousness with the help of Giftwink to make everyones Easter Sunday special!
I was sent an email from Giftwink recently with an array of luscious Easter goodies that inspired my to make this list… these are my favourites… enjoy.
- Easter Butter Biscuits to adorn your coffee table in all tier cutesie pastel glory.
2. Hopping Bunnies Easter Cake Kit. This kit literally comes with EVERYTHING you need to make this cake save eggs and butter! Literally… disposable pan, cutters, decorations, and all the dry ingredients to make a Victoria sponge covered in buttercream icing! Get creative with the kidsand they will love helping you make (and devour) this gorgeous cake!
3. Limited Edition Gin and Tonic Easter Egg. This is one the whole family can enjoy… creamy chocolate egg for the kids and Gin and Tonic truffles inside for the adults! They never know!
4. Easter Classic Rabbit Luxury Crackers to make you feel like it really is a mid-year Christmas and will look stunning all laid out for your Easter Sunday Roast!
5. Paint your own Easter Eggs. Now these I have been thinking about doing with the little man for a while and he has never really been old enough. I used to do this as a child and we would hang them on branches in a vase on the windowsill to decorate the house for Easter.
6. Personalised Bunny Rabbit Easter Egg Hunt Bag. Now this is a modern take on the classic Easter hunt basket, I love the idea of modernising this tradition a little; and they are personalised too in beautiful Easter pastels.
Do you have any plans this Easter Sunday? Do you decorate your home for Easter or is it just another normal day for you in your household? I’d love to hear any traditions you have!