I am super excited to announce that the amazing Mom Of Two Little Girls has nominated me, after being duly nominated herself, alongside some gorgeous Mother bloggers. I thought I’d read it wrong when I saw it but no no… here I am writing about how humbled I am and that in my meagre 5th month of blogging it is super exciting to be gradually noticed by the awesomeness that is the blogosphere! SO… to pay it forward and keep the ball rolling… Im nominating another 15 rockin’ bloggers that deserve some recognition too.
Firstly… here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started:
Well I have always had a passion for writing, I actually dreamed of being a Fashion Journalist when I graduated. However, as usual, life gets in the way and while that was on the back burner I succeeded in retail management and had my little man. Motherhood is a funny old thing and no one tells you about how incredibly lonely and debilitating it can be for YOU. You tend to put everything on hold for this precious little person and forget that you are also a person; a person that has performed the miracle of life and is super strong and amazing and totally deserving of recognition. Remember who YOU are.
I attended ‘life with baby’ classes and met another Mama who seemed a lot like me inner personality and lifestyle but then she out me down in one class saying that she had accepted her life was over and that she had lived a good life and she was prepared to give her everything to her daughter. I felt shot down utterly and completely.
I could not have disagreed more… it gave me the push I needed to start Rock and Roses Mama; to spread the news it IS possible! You CAN still rock Mamahood whilst retaining a sense of who you are. Your self identity must not get lost in the label ‘Mum’. You are still YOU and you deserve to let that shine through.
Advice to new bloggers:
- Write from the heart. People love to read something honest and inspirational. Just be yourself and the world will soon enough be dying to hear what you have to say next!
- Be social. Get completely stuck in to the blogosphere. It is a super supportive community, like a secret lil club! Twitter chats are great to get involved with other bloggers. Meet ups are so useful for networking and also just reading other peoples writing and sharing the love ❤
- Be useful. Writing what we call ‘evergreen’ posts will be super useful as they are timeless. Posts that have top tips, life hacks or guides are great for helping people and showing that you have something useful to offer your readers.
So…. *drum roll please* … my 15 blogger nominations, in no particular order are: