As rockin’ Mamas we rarely have time to complete our pre baby ‘getting ready in the morning’ routine. However we most definitely deserve to feel awesome and to feel like we look fabulous. We are a busy bunch us Mommas and are all doing an epic job raising our wee bambinos; it goes without saying that sometimes life gets us down and we feel swamped by children. As the saying goes, if you look good you will undoubtedly feel good, so I have conjured a snappy lil list of easy hacks that I have found achieve that ‘I’m rocking Mamahood’ look, without really even trying too much!
1. Lipstick. My saviour in all ‘bleugh’ day situations. I personally am a massive fan of the Marylin Munroe look and like to carry a bright red with me everywhere, but I also love a good dark plum shade too.
2. Sunglasses. Covers those ‘Ive been up all night with a teething, sleep regressing child all night’ eyes fabulously! Ok I admit that in winter this is quite an impossibility, but Autumn still has that super bright sunlight so we can still get away with it for a little while! Opt regular glasses in winter months!
3. Find your ‘go to’, easy hairstyle. Everyone loves a good ‘Mum bun’ and I always don this style when I am in a rush but find that I am increasingly disliking the fact that everyone can see the hairband… anyone else have this gripe? Just me?
Honest Mum has a brilliant Vlog tutorial on how to rock a Mum bun which is the style I use when in a rush. I have massively curly, thick hair so I tend to straighten it when I have time (it takes a while!) So if i have done this the day before I can just refresh quick. I find pinning the sides back is an easy way to hide the ‘I just got ready in 10 minutes’ aura!
4. Invest in a few statement pieces to wear out and about for both you and your bambino. I think this is vital; I am all for buying staple, easy clothing as we know children grow super fast and what is the point in paying mega bucks for something that they will just grow out of in a few months right?
An easy way to get that ‘cool kid’ is to invest in a few statement clothing items that will go with anything and make an outfit pop. My little man has at the moments an amazing pair of Mario Vans that were bought as a present for him at his last birthday party; they steal the show with whatever outfit he is wearing.
For me, I have just invested in a gorgeous NEXT coat (If you read my previous post on the reasons Autumn rocks you will have already seen it!) It is leopard print (were already on to a winner here) and just rocks any outfit!
5. Alcohol and ‘Chill’. Im not saying become an alcoholic, obviously. But it is super important to chill as a Mom. We rarely get time to relax but it is so necessary to retain sanity as parents. I find that a small beverage on the occasional evening, maybe accompanied by a bubbly bath and a good film does the trick; just takes the edge off you know? Sneak a little ‘me time’ while bubba is napping or once they have gone to bed! remember YOU.
This is what works for me, I am not saying that the above hacks will make you look like Kate Moss but you can at least feel like it! Mommas, you rock. We deserve to feel rockin’ too!