Ok… so hold your breath peeps… drums roll please… I did it! I am no longer a Vlog virgin. I never ever thought I would and didn’t think it was at all my thing but I quite enjoyed it. Not being able to edit or re-record certain parts is a terrifying thought when you begin… its all or nothing! But I had fun and really enjoyed answering these questions, so thank you to Charlie at Mess and Merlot for nominating me to answer Vogue’s 73 Questions, her Vlog for this is also her first and is super awesome and the reason I took the plunge to try it out for myself! Check it!
So without further ado…
(apologies for the camera being low down which highlights my lovely verging double chin… where did that come from!?!??? God bless terrible camera work!)
1. What’s your favourite movie?
Without a doubt, The Labyrinth. David Bowie is my hero and I’m a fantasy fanatic. So Bowie playing a Goblin King… perfection.
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
Rock of Ages. 80’s cheesy rock and Tom Cruise? Rock on!
3. Favourite Hitchcock Film?
4. A book you plan on reading?
Me Before You. I aim to do this before seeing the film!
5. A book that you read at school that positively shaped you?
The Princess Bride, odd I know but as I said I love fantasy. It kept me happy go lucky and free spirited. Always a dreamer.
6. Favourite TV show thats currently on?
Once Upon A time. I see a theme developing here…
7. On an scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
I am getting married in 5 months so super excited about that, but also stressed about organising everything and saving for it,. But loving the whole ‘blogging’ venture Ive recently started… so 8?
8. iPhone or Android?
9. Twitter or Instagram?
Hard one… but Twitter
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
You Baby Me Mummy
11. What’s your favourite food?
Mac ‘n’ Cheese
12. Least favourite food?
Hard… maybe squid or snails?
13. What do you love on your pizza?
Anything with a stuffed crust!
14. Favourite drink?
At the moment, Jack Daniels Honey. Mmmm
15. Favourite dessert?
Harvesters Rocky Horror Sundae.
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Milk. And always Galaxy.
17. Coffee or tea?
Oooooh I have one cup of each a day!
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
Having to ‘parent’ when you know you will be hated for it.
19. What’s your favourite band?
20. Favourite solo artist?
David Bowie. Always.
21. Favourite song?
VERY hard one… I have so many favourites for different reasons, but of all time it has to be Starman, David Bowie
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
I have lots already! Next one is going around my knee.
25. To be or not to be?
26. Dogs or cats?
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
Whale Watching. Like the Kate Bush songs.
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
A trip to Disneyland Paris when I was a kid.
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
A tour to Old Trafford for my man. We turned it into a luscious mini break.
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
31. What’s your favourite board game?
Monopoly. I have about 4 versions!
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
Italy. Cue honeymoon destination!
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
37. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds. It used to be pearls.
38. Heels or flats?
Flats. Im incredibly tall!
39. Pilates or yoga?
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. Best way to de-stress?
Alcoholic beverage of choice, a bath, tea, cake/chocolate and a feel good film.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
To stop time. So I had more of it!
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. What’s your favourite flower?
45. When was the last time you cried?
A few days ago… at the end of Toy Story 3!! Emotional time of the month…
46. Do you like your handwriting?
Sometimes. I have two different ones!
47. Do you bake?
I love it!
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
My strong mind and independence
50. Who do you miss most?
My lost friendships
51. What are you listening to right now?
Phil Collins – Easy Lover
52. Favourite smell?
The smell of the outdoors when you know winter is coming. Anyone know what I’m on about? Just me?
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
55. A sport you wish you could play?
56. Hair colour?
Blonde verging on pink
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
59. Favourite season?
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
David Bowie, Eddie Izzard, Cameron Diaz
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
The Beatles. All the way.
63. Where were you born?
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
Down Under, Australia
65. Sweet or savoury?
Both… am I allowed both?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
67. What book have you read again and again?
The Princess Bride
68. Favourite bedtime story?
When I read to Jude my favourite is The Big Red Bath
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
70. Favourite sound?
71. Favourite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
73. Last photograph you took?
My son running free in the Pumpkin picking fields!
Loved answering these! I clearly love fantasy more than I thought… I nominate the following bloggers to write or vlog their answers to the Vogue 73 Questions. Don’t forget to tweet me the link so I can check out your posts too!
Talya, Motherhood: The Real Deal
Sarah, Mum Muddling Through
Claire, That Mumma Rocks
Cecile, The Frenchie Mummy Blog
Lucy, Four Babies & A Bernard